Washington D.C. – April 29th-30th, 2014
The U.S. – Azerbaijan Convention, entitled “Vision for Future” was held on April 29th-30th in Washington D.C. for the 3rd year. This event was attended by Elin Suleymanov, Republic of Azerbaijan Ambassador to the U.S.A, Richard L. Morningstar, United States Ambassador to the Republic of Azerbaijan, several senators, congressmen, state representatives, elected officials of the United States of America and the Republic of Azerbaijan, corporate representatives from State Oil Company of Azerbaijan Republic.
This convention is an annual meeting in celebration of two decades of strengthening relations and deepening strategic partnership between U.S. and Azerbaijan.
The 2014 Convention, organized by the Assembly of the Friends of Azerbaijan at the Willard Hotel, is the preeminent forum for discussions highlighting shared strategic interests, including energy security and peace, stability and regional cooperation.
Key issues and topics were addressed including:
- Azerbaijan’s strategic partnership with the United States
- Azerbaijan’s future as a part of the European family of democracies
- Shared vision for future development of Caspian Sea energy resources
- The Southern Gas Corridor, security and stability for European natural gas markets
- Azerbaijan’s prominent role in global intercultural dialogue